Remove Continuum Agent Software 1.0.1

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This script will trigger removal for the following applications (in this order):
ITSupport247*Gateway
ITSupport247*MSMA
ITSupport247*DPMA
ITSupport247*
ITSPlatform
LogMeIn

This is just using a generic PowerShell script I made that searches for applications by name and then runs their uninstaller command. It has no specific knowledge of the applications.

• If the command uses msiexec, it will make sure that the action is uninstall (/x) and it will ensure it runs silently. (adds /quiet /norestart, removes any other /q* parameter).
  • If the command is anything else, it will just add the "/s" parameter if there is not already a parameter like "/s*" in the command.
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

OK Let me ask this;  How is this script installed ?    I downloaded, installed how I thought appropriate, but it didn't put any "if/then/else" statements into the script formation.

Not sure I want to run a script when I can't see what it's doing...

On 10/2/2018 at 10:57 AM, Rick Smith navitend said:

OK Let me ask this;  How is this script installed ?    I downloaded, installed how I thought appropriate, but it didn't put any "if/then/else" statements into the script formation.

Not sure I want to run a script when I can't see what it's doing...

You shouldn’t run a script you can’t see, but there is no reason you shouldn’t be able to read the script. You import the standard way by going to System-> Import-> XML File. Try importing twice (no, it shouldn’t matter) and restart Control Center. Then locate and open the script. If you still have trouble maybe jump into the LabTechGeek Slack, and ask in the Scripting channel.

Can you upload just the powershell piece of this without the need for connectwise automate I prefer to handle this manually or include it in the zip.

Just import the script, open it, and copy out the powershell.

I mean, honestly... “I don’t like the way this is bundled. Bundle it differently so that I don’t have to take 4 minutes of my time to do the same steps I’m asking to be done.” 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

Great Script, Thank you. A little cheeky but Continuum package in the "Kaspersky Software Updater" Application. Would you be willing to update the script to remove this?

Please See: https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Central-Discussions/Did-LogMeIn-auto-install-Kaspersky-Software-Updater/m-p/140943#M4914 

You have a nice neat script with the email packaged in so it would be nice to have it within the same script. :)

Edited by Jas

i am new on this but i need to use this solution, 

please let me know what i need whick toool to be able to use this program

thanks

I am also confused as to how to use this script.  The download shows the XML file but I am unsure how to use this with PowerShell.  Or is this script specific to a RMM platform?  

On 12/23/2019 at 4:06 PM, Jas said:

Great Script, Thank you. A little cheeky but Continuum package in the "Kaspersky Software Updater" Application. Would you be willing to update the script to remove this?

Please See: https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Central-Discussions/Did-LogMeIn-auto-install-Kaspersky-Software-Updater/m-p/140943#M4914 

You have a nice neat script with the email packaged in so it would be nice to have it within the same script. :)

You can always write a Script which calls this one and also removes any others installed along side of (or as part of) a typical Continuum deployment.

Be certain to add the appropriate delays and/or completion checks to *your* Script to ensure a smooth, complete flow between its various components so stuff actually uninstalls properly/successfully.

I made a couple edits to the programs it looks for, and it found them just fine. However, the uninstall failed every time when it tried to execute the uninstaller for each. Here is an example from a couple apps it found on the server:

Removing Request Handler Agent...
Silent Removal may not be possible. Attempting Removal with application uninstall command.
Launching ""C:\Program Files (x86)\MspPlatform\RequestHandlerAgent\unins000.exe" /s"
Error Returned:
x86 : The term 'x86' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Launching "C:\Program Files (x86)\CleanUp!\uninstall.exe /s"
Error Returned:
Script Completed Successfully.
 operable program or batch file.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
At line:1 char:1
+ & cmd.exe /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\CleanUp!\uninstall.exe /s" 2>''; ...

Is there a way to make this script work when the uninstaller is in that path?

-Mike

Edited by MJ5150

Hello all.

Would you be so kind as to provide the powershell element of this in plain text?  Automate is gone from us as a MSP, we moved to Continuum Command, and need to remove this from 300+ machines.  The issue is that when I open this Automate script which was kindly created, the commands are encoded.

Any help is greatly appreciated.