Intel-hosted live demo of vPro in LabTech

Hi All -

I'm an Intel Program Manager that's been working closely with LabTech and LabTech users for the last 4 years. Just want to make you aware of a live demo that we are doing to show and explain the latest vPro capabilities in 2013.1. It's tomorrow (June 19) at 10:00 Pacific/1:00 Eastern.

It'll be a live demo from our LabTech experts + your questions + NOTHING ELSE.

You can register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6915243501834276097

I've been working with the plugin for the last couple weeks. So far it's been great and very tight integration. I just have to work harder to get all 5K+ vPro enabled devices provisioned. Auto provisioning has picked up about 300 and has another 25 in progress for the last day or two.

We have also been working with Intel and Labtech for the last few months beta testing the new vpro stuff. We are currently on hold though to push it out because we were told that labtech had worked out a way to remotely deploy in admin mode, approval mode is not that useful for us. Hopefully this will be released soon.

Hey,

Don't hold off on using the new 2013.1 vPro Plugin. It is the latest and greatest!

LabTech is currently working with Intel to review the options but Admin mode is not currently on the official LabTech Road Map and it will not be available anytime soon.

There are no current API's available to provision vPro in Admin mode without an SCSServer & vPro provisioning certificate.

-LabTechDrew

Well we do have it installed and will be provisioning new vpro machines and using the plugin for them. We do greatly appreciate the improved functionality for sure!

For the other tons of already deployed machines we sadly cant invest the manpower to go and track them down across 3 states and provision via usb. I wasn't aware of the SCS Server requirement, we are a microsoft shop but vmware for virtualization so I dont see us getting SCCM any time soon.

Hi All -

I'm an Intel Program Manager that's been working closely with LabTech and LabTech users for the last 4 years. Just want to make you aware of a live demo that we are doing to show and explain the latest vPro capabilities in 2013.1. It's tomorrow (June 19) at 10:00 Pacific/1:00 Eastern.

It'll be a live demo from our LabTech experts + your questions + NOTHING ELSE.

You can register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6915243501834276097

Hey Scott,

Welcome to LTG. Quick shout out for Intel on the new vPro Plugin. I've been using for some time and it's well worth you spending time in the Demo and signing up for the program.

- jeff

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any real-world use cases for vPro in their deployments aside from KVM they can share? The thing that initially deterred me from further exploring this is the restriction on KVM access with an external graphics card present. I'm fairly confident at least 70% of our vPro enabled machines would have external cards enabled for multiple displays.

One large real-world use case would be with patch management. You wouldn't have to have your customers leave their computers on overnight to complete maintenance, just script it to power them up and power down when complete. If you wanted to go off the deep end with this, you could calculate how much money you're saving them on their power bill by being able to do this vs leaving them on all the time and show additional value add too.