Feature Updates Best Practices?

Whats your best practices for Windows 10 Feature Updates? I am using Managed Mode - UI Disabled for Workstations and it seems as this stalls Feature Updates for as long as possible ignoring the newly introduced Windows 10 options in Patch Manager. Is this the expected behavour? What should I use instead of Managed Mode - UI Disabled if I want to gain a little more control? The problem I have at the moment and I want to get rid of is, that I have a lot different versions. Older PCs seem never to get updated with my settings and newer PCs come with a newer build of course.
Patch Remedy claims to be able to (automatically) install Feature Updates. Does that work as expected and does it make sense to use it? I'm a little bit hesitant to spend the extra money, since other RMMs are also able to do it on their own. Do you have any other recommendations?

Thank you very much in advance
Cheers
- gladston3

• 2 years later...

there's a script in automate (i believe, if not i can export mine for you) that will force an update to the latest feature update. I also modified one to force all machines to 1909 which downloads the iso from my self-hosted FTP site. both work well. the automated script to go right to the latest feature update downloads the windows update assistant silently, then executes it, reboots, waits 2.5 hours then cleans up behind itself.

• Like 1
On 2/23/2021 at 8:09 AM, apc_ben said:

there's a script in automate (i believe, if not i can export mine for you) that will force an update to the latest feature update. I also modified one to force all machines to 1909 which downloads the iso from my self-hosted FTP site. both work well. the automated script to go right to the latest feature update downloads the windows update assistant silently, then executes it, reboots, waits 2.5 hours then cleans up behind itself.

I think that would be this one? https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Automate_Documentation/ConnectWise_Automate_Knowledge_Base_Articles/Scripting:_Windows_10_Install_Feature_Update_Script