Recover Keys - New Product Key Gather

Attached is a new Script to control the comercial version of RecoverKeys. THis works exactly like the Old Productkeys script, just run it and th ekeys will be inserted into the productkeys table and availalbe on the client screen. This software supports over 4500+ software packages to get keys from, here is the list http://recover-keys.com/en/supported.html

Once you import the script you will need to edit the Globals on the script and enter you KEYCode for RecoverKeys.

Paths used.

%LTSVCDIR%\RecoverKeys\

%LLTSHARE%\Transfer\Tools\RecoverKeys

The Script was in The Actions Folder ID #3

Just import the script from the Control Center with the tools\Import\LT XML Expansion

Make sure the L: Drive is mapped so it creates the Files in the LTShare

Command Line Refference http://recover-keys.com/kb/command-line-version.html

Order an Enterprise License http://recover-keys.com/en/order.html its about $300

59ec942ca5cb7_7-17-20134-29-20PM.png.666ba67d554e85c2a6d58cd3cfe13c02.png

RecoverKeys.zip

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg,

This looks great. We have struggled for some time on how to get specific license keys for some products. I will give this a test run to see how good it really is. It this works, a plus would be to have this integrate to the Client's License Management Tab :)

Thanks for sharing this. Awesome....

jeff

Greg,

Ok, silly question. When I imported the script, I can see the files located in the transfer/tools folder but did not see any EXE files in any folder. Which EXE files are you recommending replacement? Should I have installed Recover Keys x32 & x64 on my LT Server?

jeff

I got it. I was installing the x86 and x64 without the command line installer. Completely my bad. It's working great now. Thanks.

If we are using this tool, would you recommend disabling the existing product key processes and replacing with this. I ask because we get lots of tickets when the existing process fails. I'ld prefer to turn it off and use this moving forward.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Yes i would totaly disable the built in product keys. In Fact i would edit it to call this script and then exit.

I am also thinking it would be good to delete the productkeys table to clean it of the crap and duplicates. It would depend if you manually entered stuff, as if you did that then in would not do this. But if you ONLY use this script i would truncate the hell out of it.

Thanks for the advise. I modified existing Get Product Keys to call this script and exit, then truncated the table. This will remove all the duplicates and improve on functionality.

At least until I update from the MP and forget I made the changes to the script....LOL.

Thanks Greg and Michael.

jeff

This looks cool, but does anybody have personal experience with the RecoverKeys software? Is it worth the $300?

Yes, I have tested and it works so well, I bought it. We are able to now track the license keys of many products we could not before. I'm going to write a Crystal Reports and Dataview for this to provide reports for my client base.

- jeff

this seems to work great when i run the RecoverKeys script directly; but i modifed the default "get product keys" script to have a single line item "run script: recoverkeys" and it runs fine, but the product keys only have the first 4 digits then "hidden in demo" after. If i run the RecoverKeys script directly it works fine and grabs the full key. It's like the global variable "keycode" along with the key is not used or working when the script is called from another script. What would cause that?

Well, now I'm stumped.

Running 2012.1

I attempted to edit the existing Get Product Keys script to just call/run this new script (which works great BTW) and when I try to save my changes, I get the following error: "System Scripts are protected and not editable by the user"

I fully understand the reason for this in normal circumstances, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get around that to save my changes. How do I get this done so I can easily replace the normal Get Product Keys operation with this new, better method?

G'day All,

I have attached the current list of detected applications, as a simple text file.

My goal is to import this into a table and write a simple matching query to customer software for two reasons, firstly so I can produce a report to take to customer to entice them to buy the value added service, and also as a check to ensure that the "detected keys" match the list of possible detections.

Not had time yet to do the latter :)

Rgds Ben

recoverkeys.zip

G'day,

Well, now I'm stumped.

"System Scripts are protected and not editable by the user"

I believe that is a flag in the MySQL table that you cannot normally edit.....

If you wanted to do that, I think you would have to locate the script first with an SQL Editor, and unset it.

Make your change and reset the flag.

Remembering of course that the next update of that script from the MarketPlace will overwrite it.

I would be more inclined to just copy the script.

Rgds Ben